Thursday, June 4, 2009

#154 of 365

#306 StripesThe colourful stripes of this tea towel are the perfect setting for the fresh basil plant which currently resides in my kitchen...smells good and looks good too! I should have smoothed out the wrinkles first though, eh? lol

12 comments:

Chesney said...

This is beautiful, Donna! Love how soft the image is - did you use an orton effect?? Very nice composition!

Lorri said...

Very effective use of the theme! Creative and artistic thinking here!

BobbieCoughlin said...

Actually, the waviness of the towel reflects the texture of the basil. I really like the softness of the image. The colors in the stripes do really set off the brilliant green of the basil. The photo has the pungency characteristic of the herb.

Anonymous said...

I like the slight wrinkles to the fabric - it helps give it a softness.

Esther said...

I thought you worked with the towel to get it 'just right' with a crease here and a poof there. Perfectly straight isn't nearly so interesting in this type of photo.

Madelaine said...

Love the processing and how the green plant picks up the green in that colorful, striped towel. Are you planning to make pesto? : )

Clara said...

This is very beautiful. I love the border work.

Anonymous said...

Well I don't think you should have smoothed out the wrinkels, they make the picture more alive if you ask me. :) Beautiful! /Viktoria

mljrbg said...

The colors are so bright and cheerful. I think the wrinkles add a little character to the photo!!

Bo said...

No, no. I love the wrinkles in the stripes. Adds a bit of interest, compliments the texture of the plant. Nicely done.

Debra said...

Great shot, the colors are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I think the wrinkles give the photo an interesting twist! Stripes are so predictable - now they have pizazz.