Thursday, May 14, 2009

#136 of 365

#151 Home is Where the Heart isand if your heart is on the water then a float home
is the perfect choice for your everyday living!
Having lived on a float home in the past for many years I
can honestly say there are pros/cons to floathome living
and being rocked to sleep each night is definitely a plus! These 33 float homes at Fisherman's Wharf in the Inner Harbour make up a larger floating community than the marina I resided in, which only had four at the time.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then you knew exactly what was happening with my niece's home when I posted that series on her houseboat living on Lake Union in Seattle, didn't you? Not many people you run into have lived in houseboats. These are excellent photos. Glad you posted them.

Chesney said...

What beautiful homes and love ALL your effects! Where do you go for storms?

Anonymous said...

That is a fascinating glimpse of a lifestyle totally unfamiliar to me. I can tell your beautiful shots come from a real affection for the floating life....

DART said...

The floathome I lived on was on the ocean and in a bay, but several nasty storms would come through each winter...ropes would break, docks would heave and we would stay aboard for most of the storms...dressers would topple and dishes would break, and a seasickness would eventually come after hours and hours of being tossed about...but only once did we have to leave and hope for the best because it was so severe. Crawling around on your hands and knees on the heaving docks so you aren't swept into the sea, well, that was definitely one of the cons!

Madelaine said...

OK, that is one pretty big con!!!
It's still beautiful though...maybe in the summer and fall?? lol Love it!

Kerri said...

What a beautiful spot!

Anonymous said...

Those floathomes look beautiful. It's always fun to imagine another kind of lifestyle. Kind of a "Sleepless in Seattle" daydream.

Lorri said...

Beautiful shot. Thanks for the glimpse of a lifestyle I've never experienced.

Edmund said...

I sense that you miss the floating home life. Beautiful shots in the series.