Friday, February 6, 2009

elephant seal

FYI: when I said little fella yesterday, I meant it...check out the size of this massive elephant seal that was found recently in our Island's waters by clicking HERE just another reason to swim in the pool and wade in the ocean methinks! : ) Oh, and if you click through that gallery, you'll see the size of the teeth too. (Definitely much cuter as a young 'un too I think)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

WOW! Amazing story and photos Donna! Thanks for sharing! And, you're right, the youngin is a lot cuter! lol

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the info link. Sad that that seal was killed that way. Wonder how many are killed that nobody sees.

I love your picture in the header!! It is a beautiful picture!

Anonymous said...

That's a great shot! The ship in the b/g makes it all the more cool. Well done!

Anonymous said...

I love that beautiful ship in the background. How long did you have to wait for just the right moment?