Tuesday, January 6, 2009

#6 of 365

#259 Repeating PatternWhile out walking yesterday I snapped this pic with no particular theme in mind--I just like brick! Looking at it this morning I realized that there were several repeating patterns going on in this picture and that it was perfect for that theme! Only 359 more to go! *grin*

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the composition and interpretation of the theme! But I find the green cast from the lights to be a bit distracting. Still a nice image though!

Anonymous said...

I like brick too. It's so warm and sturdy. Nice that you got several repeating patterns here...

KimR. said...

Fantastic photo, I love it!

jo said...

That's really striking!

Lorri said...

It's funny how different people react to the same image...the green cast from the lights is what drew me in. It's unexpected; I had to look closer because of the color composition.
I like it.

MevetS said...

I like it. And I like finding photos to fit themes after the fact. (If you shoot it it will fit ...)

Anonymous said...

Great eye to find all of the "repeating patterns"!! The green light drew me in as well, gives the image a mysterious feel to it. Love it!

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Aw come on that is composed beautifully, must have taken a good while to get those repeats just right - Well Done and I like the confidence of the Only in you explanation

mljrbg said...

Looks like that goes on forever and ever. Nice shot.

Anonymous said...

This is great! I particularly like the repetitive elements!

Madelaine

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the way it goes? Art where you least expect it!

Cheryl said...

It's a great picture Donna!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Love this photo...the patterns are beautiful and I love texture in my photos..have a lot of photos of stone walls in Ireland LOL

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture. Brick really makes the object alive. Eva