Saturday, August 29, 2009

#206 of 365

#175 LogsI don't recall the age of this tree, so if you want to start
counting rings you can! *grin* I've requested the info
via email so I'll post that once my friend gets back to me.
This is just one log (taken in Gold River)...so for this post
to technically fit the theme, I'm including another photo
of a log cabin which was taken over on Pender Island.

6 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Ask Tammy, She was around when it was a sapling, I think. Great Series of shots. We have an area up near the Atherton Tablelands where they took trees like that out of an area called Peeramon Hotel Hotel, and legend has it that the Peeramon Hotel is built on a site where a single tree grew, must have been enormous.

lijola said...

Wonderful tree and cabin. Did you use Orton Effect on cabin? Nice!

DART said...

yes I did. You'll notice that in quite a few of these recent pics...I'm liking how it looks, especially with the blues/greens.

Chesney said...

Wow, that log is definitely larger than life, that would make one heck of a camp fire (with extra large s'mores). :)

Anonymous said...

I like the glow from your processing, I'll wait for someone else to count the rings on the log...

MevetS said...

Excellent set of shots. And clever for the theme.