Sunday, May 24, 2009

#142 of 365

#170 LegsWe were pleased to see this Great Blue Heron during
our nature walk around Swan Lake this afternoon!

7 comments:

Chesney said...

He is beautiful and sooooo big!! I don't think I have ever seen one this up close and personal!

BobbieCoughlin said...

These are such elegant birds. Your photo has captured its grace and stately nature.

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

What a magnificent shot of a hunter/fisherman at work, barely a glimpse for you though, work to be done.

Madelaine said...

Beautiful shot! How lucky you were this afternoon! I sent the info to Bobbie about the schooner photo, so if you'd also like it, let me know!

Anonymous said...

Great catch, such amazing birds.

mljrbg said...

Long legs...that's for sure!! Nice closeup.

Anonymous said...

Perfect idea for the theme - it is certainly the long legs that stand out when we see one of these birds. Wonderful shot too...