Wednesday, February 18, 2009

#45 of 365

#195 National PrideHe is considered one of Canada's greatest heroes of the 20th century and is celebrated internationally every September as people participate in the Terry Fox Run, the world's largest one-day fundraiser for cancer research. To date, more than $400 million has been raised worldwide for cancer research in Terry's name through the run. More info about the legacy of this incredible young man is inscribed on the plaque below.


14 comments:

Esther said...

Oh....this is moving! Your vignettes and almost a silhouette on that last shot, have been carefully framed...you are doing some good work with the camera.

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

A great tribute to a worthy cause and champion. Well Done

Debbie said...

I have always been impressed by Terry Fox. Our children and most schools have an annual Terry Fox Run to raise money. Great subject and beautiful photos.

Chesney said...

Love all the different angles and lighting you shot this at - very nice work!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully shot and framed with the vignettes. I am so glad he still inspires.

Anonymous said...

Love the photos & the creative way you shot them. It's also a fitting tribute to a great role model.

~Val said...

I've never heard of this brave young many. Thank you for sharing his story with your wonderful shots. I especially like the last one - the vignette is very effective.

Anonymous said...

That Canadians keep his memory alive and continue to work towards his dream should also be a source of national pride.

Clara said...

Such an interesting story. The photos are wonderful. The angles and perspectives are great.

Edmund said...

I love "Hero's"... I mean real ones. Not the rich and famous fake Hollywood type. That for sure is a great tribute for a real Hero. Thank you for sharing this great tribute.

mljrbg said...

This is such a moving story. A tragedy that has left a wonderful legacy to live on. Your photographs are a beautiful tribute to this young man who lost his life all too soon.

Kathy said...

Beautiful photos once again. Terry was some amazing young man. Nice tribute!

Sue said...

Great photos ... it brings back the feeling of united national pride that tery brought to this country...we were one in support of hime...it was such a tragdy to loose him but in doing so he lives in every canadian heart forever...we will find a cure!
Thanks Terry!

Sue said...

yikes...I need to read before I hit send next time..sorry for the many spelling errors! :-0