#343 Unfinished
This Southwest Mesa counted cross stitch is unfinished. I have just over 175 hours into it and plan to finish it up this year as I have been working on it for far too long now! Lost interest or had cramped fingers---don't recall as it's been a while now! lol Basically I just need to finish joining up the cactus to it's flowers and outline a few more sections before having it framed.
This Southwest Mesa counted cross stitch is unfinished. I have just over 175 hours into it and plan to finish it up this year as I have been working on it for far too long now! Lost interest or had cramped fingers---don't recall as it's been a while now! lol Basically I just need to finish joining up the cactus to it's flowers and outline a few more sections before having it framed.


18 comments:
Fabulous colors! I like the vignette on the top one pulls your eye right into the desert...
This is so gorgeous. 175 hours! WOW! I'm impressed!
Is there a category that you can fit it into, when it's done?
Oh..I have one of those unfinished cross stitched projects. It wasa birth announcement for my friend's second son...it has about 28 teddies on it...and he is going to graduate this year i think...Now I feel guilty! LOL
Sue
The colors are gorgeous, as are the details! Cross-stitching is beautiful AND very time-consuming. (It's been years since I did any of it.)
Beautiful! Be sure to post it when done, even if there isn't an "official" category for it.
I love the colors and the subject. I only wish I had the patience to do that! Great capture!
wow, how beautiful - not only are you a talented photographer, you do beautiful cross stitch - this will be really special when you are done!!
Beautiful shots of you beautiful handiwork!
I admire those people who have patience do this work. I do not there for I have a camera. I'd love to see the finished product too.
I'll be duly impressed if you find time to finish your needlework AND complete the 365 challenge this year!
Just like a previous commenter I have a large unfinished cross stitch project that I started years ago. But yours is much more complicated - I love it, it will look fabulous when it is up on your wall.
Gorgeous!! All of your hard work shows ten fold. I'm very impressed at how organized your yarn/threads are.
That's a gorgeous cross stitch project. I like the way you included the colorful yarns in your composition, too.
Great colors, Great image, wow 175 hours ....lots of dedicated work.
Oh!!! You making me want to pull out all my unfinished projects. I was a cross-stitcher for years and then after had kids and dogs..couldn't leave it out. You know the phrase, "outta sight, outta mind"...well that was like 10 years ago. Still have alot of it in the attic. By the way...it's beautiful!
I love this, Donna! It's really hard, tiring work, but when you finish it you'll be so proud!!!
This is beautiful! Some people who aren't fortunate enough to have learned how to do handwork probably have no idea the amount of time and patience these things take. I hope you'll post a photo or two when your project is completed.
What a great job you have done here! 175 hours! I´m very impressed!
Post a Comment